At Alpha LSG our plane food is far from plain, we raise the standard and provide the best range of world cuisines, retail products and services to passengers flying with all major airlines operating in the UK. With 3,500 colleagues based at 15 locations, our continual pursuit for innovation and excellence makes us the leading UK provider of inflight services.
What the role is:
You will be responsible for providing support in running the Halal Kitchen with your expertise in preparing Arabic Cuisine with a team of sous chef. You will ensure airline specifications are met, and all compliance needs are fully complied with in line with company standards.
What you’ll be doing will include:
- Assist the Head Chef, ensuring quality and consistency in line with company guidelines and customer requirements.
- Assist with implementing standard operating procedures for food production and cooking processes.
- Prepare food production/presentation for airline customers
- Ensure all chef brigade delivers authentic cuisine
- Work with the Sous Chef group to ensure fair workload and responsibilities equally to ensure their strengths are used and guidance on tasks that they may need help with.
- Handle internal and external customer queries, reporting back with suggestions of possible improvements.
- Assist Sous Chefs with chef recruitment, training and development
- Assist Sous Chefs with on site assessments of the complete chef group.
- Be the liaison between the leadership team and chef brigade
- Work along side the Sous Chef group to ensure fair workload and responsibilities equally to ensure their strengths are best used.
- Ensure that all Hazard & Critical Control Points are followed for all food preparation and food delivery
- Ensure stock control and batch cooking management to minimise wastage shared through the chef brigade.
- Ensure full adherence to the company polices in relation to Security, Food Safety and Health and Safety
What you’ll have will include:
- Previous experience in typical Arabic food
- Ideally 3+ years of professional kitchen management experience
- Professional culinary qualifications e.g. 706/1, 706/2 and 706/3 or diploma/degree level
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a high level of organisation, be disciplined in your work and have a can do attitude
- Prioritise and manage workloads effectively with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- High attention to detail, to review where improvements can be made and ability to create positive change
Free meals and on site parking, 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, medical insurance scheme and our Be Well initiative to include the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is a confidential employee benefit programme to help you deal with personal problems that may affect your health and wellbeing. We operate a cycle to work scheme, stakeholder pension scheme, employee recognition schemes as well as long service awards and leisure discounts including discounts on flights, gym memberships and local activities!
Salary: £33,000 - £36,000 per annum