At Alpha LSG our plane food is far from plain, we raise the standard and provide the best range of world cuisines, retail products and services to passengers flying with all major airlines operating in the UK. With 3,500 colleagues based at 15 locations, our continual pursuit for innovation and excellence makes us the leading UK provider of inflight services. Our Japanese Kitchen takes pride with techniques, tradition and precision cuisine.
What the role is:
You will be responsible for cooking and preparing high end standard of Traditional Japanese food for our Japanese carriers along with our Japanese chefs, ensuring airline specifications are met and all compliance needs are fully complied with in line with company standards.
What you’ll be doing will include:
- Assist the Japanese Head Chef managing the kitchen production, ensuring quality and consistency in line with company guidelines and customer requirements.
- Responsibilities for food production / presentation within cost parameters and minimise all kitchen associated costs without detriment to the business or its service.
- Handling internal and external customer queries, and then reporting back findings with suggestions of possible improvements.
- Works closely with culinary academy for development of new recipes and menus.
- Ensure that all Hazard & Critical Control Points are followed for all food preparation and food delivery that all procedures for food safety are followed.
- Stock control and batch cooking management to minimise wastage shared through the chef brigade.
- Ensure full adherence to the company polices in relation to Security, Food Safety and Health and Safety
What you’ll have will include:
- Professional culinary qualifications e.g. 706/1, 706/2 & 706/3 or diploma/degree level
- Previous product development experience in a manufacturing environment or similar
- Minimum of 5 years expertise in preparing Traditional Japanese Cuisine, preferably Kaiseki Style
- Desirable that you speak fluent Japanese and write in Kanji and Hiragana
- Preferably you will have experience managing a brigade of Japanese chefs with experience in high volume catering
- Understanding of food values, food quality and chemical/molecular balances in foods
Free meals and on site parking, 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays, medical insurance scheme and our Be Well initiative to include the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which is a confidential employee benefit programme to help you deal with personal problems that may affect your health and wellbeing. We operate a cycle to work scheme, stakeholder pension scheme, employee recognition schemes as well as long service awards and leisure discounts including discounts on flights, gym memberships and local activities!
Salary: £39,000 per annum