What the role is:
Working with our Head Chef, you will be responsible for providing support in running the Kitchen with a team of 5 Sous Chefs and a brigade of 95 chefs, ensuring airline specifications are met, and all compliance needs are fully complied with in line with company and legal airline standards.
What you’ll be doing will include:
- Assist the Head Chef manage kitchen production, ensuring quality and consistency in line with company guidelines and customer requirements
- Implement standard operating procedures for food production and cooking processes.
- Responsible for food production / presentation within cost parameters and minimise all kitchen associated costs without detriment to the business or its service
- Handle internal and external customer queries, and report back findings with suggestions of possible improvements
- Responsible for chef recruitment and assist with training and development
- Carry out on site assessments of the complete chef group
- Communicate between the Leadership team and chef brigade
- Work with the Sous Chef group to ensure fair workload and responsibilities equally to ensure their strengths are used and guidance on tasks that they may need help with
- Monitor and manage all company procedures, with the management team
- Liaise with Employee Relations team (HR) when dealing with all kitchen employee issues
- Ensure that all Hazard & Critical Control Points are followed for all food preparation and food delivery that all HACCP procedures for food safety are followed.
- Stock control and batch cooking management to minimise wastage shared through the chef brigade.
- Ensure full adherence to the company polices in relation to Security, Food Safety and Health and Safety
- To deputize for the head chef in their absence
- Facilitate daily shift briefings and manage the OQMS process
What you’ll have will include:
- City and Guilds or BTEC in professional cookery
- 2+ years’ experience cooking in a professional environment as a sous chef
- An understanding of Health and Safety regulations
- Basic Health and Safety certificate - Working Safely level
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Experience leading a team of chefs in a kitchen environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be methodical, and logical in their approach to work
- Strong IT skills; experience of MS Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills