We are looking for a Sous Chef with an international experience to run the kitchen and ideally previous experience in Italian, French restaurants
As Sous Chef you will work closely with the Head Chef and the Owners developing the menu and building up fantastic recipes.
Sous Chef to be the second in command in our kitchen. The successful candidate will employ its culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- Work with the kitchen Executive Chef to improve food quality, food presentation, service, cleanliness, merchandizing and promotions.
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance, SOP, ensure the standard of recipes and presentation.
- Train, supervise, counsel and discipline Culinary associates for the efficient operation of the restaurant.
- Develop, implement, and change menu items on an as-needed basis.
- Control food, payroll and equipment costs (minimizing loss and misuse). Ensure par stock levels are maintained. Evaluate cost effectiveness of all aspects of Kitchen operation. Develop and implement cost saving and profit enhancing measures. Review, prepare and update forecasts as needed.
- Degree holder in Culinary or must have relevant trainings
- Expertise in Italian - French cuisines
- Experience on the management position in the kitchen
- Should possess leadership skills
- Effective communication skills
- Can start immediately
- English language & Computer basic skills are required
- Any Nationality with an international experience